OEM Discover Nodes Fails

From: joyce <joyce.cronin_at_usa.xerox.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2001 11:06:25 -0700

When I try to discover nodes in the OEM Console Administrator using the Discovery Wizard, the discovery fails with the message: "Automatic discovery failed for some nodes" and "VD-4564: Cannot resolve Host EDDDEV2" (I also tried to discover it as EDDDEV2.<domain_name>)

I have checked the tnsnames.ora and the entry for EDDDEV2 is EDDDEV2.<domain_name>. I can tnsping it successfully as either EDDDEV2 and EDDDEV2.<domain_name>. I checked the listener for the server that EDDDEV2 resides on. Here's the result:

LSNRCTL> dbsnmp_status
The db subagent is already running.
LSNRCTL> services
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC))) Services Summary...
  EDDDEV2 has 1 service handler(s)     DEDICATED SERVER established:1 refused:0

      LOCAL SERVER
  EDDDEV2               has 1 service handler(s)
    DEDICATED SERVER established:5 refused:0
      LOCAL SERVER

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?? Received on Fri Sep 14 2001 - 20:06:25 CEST

Original text of this message