Re: Oracle Connect to Excel

From: Peter Chong <pchq45_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2001 13:20:20 -0700

gmohata_at_yahoo.com (Girish Mohata) wrote in message news:<42a840c2.0109071857.975aab5_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
> I want to query a Oracle Table and want the results to be shown on an
> Excel sheet. If any changes are made to the Excel sheet, they should
> be allowed to be written back to the Database.
> I have an idea this can be done using Excel Macros, but dont know
> anything further.
> Please Help.
>
> Girish

What I know in VB, you could connect Oracle via ODBC and add excel object in
VB reference and you could read and Oracle to populate Excel work sheet or
Read an Excel work sheet row and column and compose a SQL command (Inset or Update) string base on logic.

Peter Chong
Sr. ERP Analyst VB/Oracle. Received on Fri Sep 14 2001 - 22:20:20 CEST

Original text of this message