Freeing up tablespace in Oracle...

From: Brian Duffy <bduffy_at_nycap.rr.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 08:43:27 -0700

I am running an application (Tivoli Enterprise Console) which inserts large numbers of events over time which need to be periodically cleared.

In the database that I previously worked with (Informix 7 & 9) the DELETE statement did not actually free the tablespace allocated to deleted data in order to allow the deleted data to be restored.

I'm assuming this is true in Oracle as well but I do not have access to the documentation yet. What ALTER TABLE statement do I need to free up the allocated space?

Brian Duffy
bduffy_at_nycap.rr.com Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 17:43:27 CEST

Original text of this message