Service Login User

From: Marcel Sammut <marcelsammut_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Sep 2001 08:10:03 -0700

I've got Oracle 8i Personel installed on a Win2000 Pro machine. The problem I am having is that in order for the database services to start, I must use the Administrator login for the service. If I try to start the service with any other account, say Local Machine, the service fails indicating Access Denied. Starting the Oracle services with Administrator will only allow this user to interact with the database, which is unacceptable. Why can't I start the Oracle services with any other account. My NTFS security for the Oracle database folder is set for Everyone, and other users can, when logged in, use this folder, so that aspect of security is set for all to use.  Is there something else I must do in order for the Oracle services to start under any user?

Thanks in advance,
Marcel Sammut
marcelsammut_at_home.com Received on Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:10:03 CEST

Original text of this message