Oracle 9i XMLType temp tablespace problem

From: Justin Thompson <jthompson_at_infertek.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2001 23:52:40 -0700

We've recently installed Oracle 9i database on SuSe7.1 and are attempting to use the new XMLType datatype. We've loaded in a large number of xml entries into a table and are attempting to run different types of xpath (text) queries on the data.

The problem is that the 'temp' tablespace is filling up and not clearing out when the query finishes. Every query I run (and successfully complete) uses up more of the temp space. Eventually temp gets full and I must manually clear the temp tablespace.

Also, I've tried running several intensive sql queries on tables that don't contain the XMLType datatype and temp space is used and cleared out as normal.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

~Justin Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 08:52:40 CEST

Original text of this message