Re: How to get the user login history???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 05:32:02 +0200

"K.P, Ng" <kpng_at_sywg.com.hk> wrote in message news:9munhs$qrv4_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> How can I get the user login history, since oracle instance shows the only
> current login information.
>
> Pang

Sigh no version again. It seems like crossposting to groups not supported by all providers (my provider doesn't support comp.databases.oracle) is definitely more easy than to type those 3 digits and 2 dots.

The easiest solution, as it is already provided by Oracle, is to enable audit
(init.ora parameter audit_trail has to be changed to 'db' instead of none, and the database bounced), after which an 'audit connect' will audit every individual connect and disconnect. The audit record is written on (normal) disconnect!
In Oracle 8i you can use the on-logon trigger to develop your own audit system.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 03 2001 - 05:32:02 CEST

Original text of this message