Re: Installing 8.1.7 on Redhat 7.1

From: Kurt <k.strubel_at_mainova.de>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 05:54:01 -0700

Hey,
i have the same Problem on an AIX-IBM-Server. 1. look for any java-runtime-engine (*.jre) move them to an other Name.
Oracle 8i needs its own Java. After (hopefully) install rename your moved files.

2. In my case it was the X-Application fault( try it with an X-Application like KEA!)
A Question: You got an empty Window, or send The Installer nothing? Look for your environment (PATH=...), delete all old things like Oracle -Reports or similar.
Write to me if you have more question.
Regards Kurt