Re: ORA-12500

From: <herberzh_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:16:51 GMT

Not sure what caused your problem. But if I were you, I would check listener.ora file.

Here is the description from oracle:

12500, 00000, "TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process"

// *Cause:  The process of starting up a dedicated server process failed.
// The executable could not be found or the environment may be set up
// incorrectly.
// *Action: Turn on tracing at the ADMIN level and reexecute the operation.
// Verify that the ORACLE Server executable is present and has execute
// permissions enabled. Ensure that the ORACLE environment is specified
// correctly in LISTENER.ORA. The Oracle Protocol Adapter that is being
// called may not be installed on the local hard drive.  Please check that
// the correct Protocol Adapter are successfully linked.
// If error persists, contact Oracle Customer Support.

  • Herbert

In article <Xns9103DB41099BAjtowerjr_at_64.154.60.173>, John Tower says...