What's the difference between audit by session and audit by access?

From: Unknown User <unknown_at_unknown.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:41:02 -0700

Hello,

I need some help with auditing options and interpretation of info in the sys.aud$ table.

QUESTIONS:

  1. Does setting the audit option to BY ACCESS or BY SESSION affect auditing information in the SYS.AUD$?
  2. What is the real difference between audit BY ACCESS and BY SESSION?
  3. Where do I look up the explanation for the "statement" column in the sys.aud$ table? In this case, statement = 7.

SQL> select sessionid, entryid, statement, userid, obj$name, action#, priv$used from sys.aud$;

 SESSIONID    ENTRYID  STATEMENT USERID     OBJ$NAME                          ACTION#  PRIV$USED
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------------------------------ ---------- ----------
      1737          1          7 ADAMS      TBLTEMP                               1         40

SQL> select * from audit_actions where action = 1;

    ACTION NAME

         1 CREATE TABLE SQL> select * from stmt_audit_option_map where option# = 40;

   OPTION# NAME                                   PROPERTY

40 CREATE TABLE 0

Thanks for your help. Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 19:41:02 CEST

Original text of this message