Re: Windows 95 Odbc Problem (Help!)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 00:24:17 -0700

heels193_at_yahoo.com (H Bennett) wrote in message news:<d76469af.0108200407.50c3f49b_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have users with Windows 95. I load the Oracle client software for
> Oracle 8.x and test the connection and it is fine. I then go to
> configure the ODBC driver in the Odbc Administrator. I choose Add, MS
> Oracle Odbc and it comes back with an error saying "You muct install
> Oracle Client software before using this ODBC driver". Well, it is
> installed. I have tried loading new ODBC drivers, MDAC and it still
> happens.
>
> Any Ideas??
>
> HELP
You are using the MS Oracle ODBC driver. This driver has the name of the central Oracle dll hardcoded in it. It very much looks like you

are using the MS Oracle ODBC 2.5 driver, which interfaces because of
this stupid design, to Oracl 7.3 only. Use the Oracle ODBC drivers or
find an update Microsux driver.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Aug 21 2001 - 09:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message