Re: oracle processes under windows98

From: Thrasher, Kendall & Assoc. <thrasherkendall_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:44:25 GMT

As in all Windows platforms, there is only one actual process, and it has threads representing each of the traditional processes in the multiprocess instance. So when Oracle is running, you should see one process (oracle80 or similar) if you type a Ctrl-Alt-Delete to see the running processes on your computer. To see the actual Oracle process threads, log into sqlplus as the user 'sys' and query V$PROCESS:

SELECT * FROM v$process;

this will show you each thread and it's function, followed by the user processes connected to the database (including the sqlplus connection you're using to perform the query).