Oracle 8.1.6 and HP-UX 11: system.dbf file problem

From: lhuynh <loi_huynh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2001 06:12:46 -0700

Hi,

I have 2 identical A400 running HP-UX 11 with Oracle 8.1.6 and having the same $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/* content on both boxes. I have an external disk in HP Smart-enclosure which is visible from both machines where the control and databasefiles are located.

I have created an instance from one box and successfully mount the database with database and control files located in this external disk.

My problem is when starting Oracle instance and mount system.dbf file from the same disk on the other machine. It says system.dbf file created on one box is corrupted. However, I have successfully create/mount/view simple text files created from both boxes on this disk.

On HostA, this disk is visible as /dev/dsk/c5t4d0 and on HostB, it is visible
as /dev/dsk/c4t4d0.

Please advise.

Thank you.

LHUYNH. Received on Fri Aug 17 2001 - 15:12:46 CEST

Original text of this message