Re: ???Stored Procedures In PL/SQL???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 01:55:22 -0700

fcolon_at_onebox.com (Frank) wrote in message news:<3271719f.0108151322.4be9dc82_at_posting.google.com>...
> I need to write a stored procedure in PL/SQL that returns a set of
> records.
>
> For example, lets say I write a procedure that searched all employees
> in my database who have a first name of "Ted".
>
> If the query in my procedure returns 4 records, how do I get it so
> that procedure can return that result set (all 4 records) to the
> calling program?
>
> Eventually the stored procedure will be called from a Java program via
> JDBC, and that Java program will need the entire result set.
>
> Can someone give me a few pointers? Thanks.

Search the newsgroup archives at google. They are just *flooded* by responses to this same question. Please always try to search the archives before you start posting and wasting peoples time.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 10:55:22 CEST

Original text of this message