Re: Command Line Advanced Replication

From: Stephen T. Parfitt <steve.parfitt_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:55:15 -0400

Absolutely. 'Oracle Built-In Packages' (Feurestein, Dye & Beresniewicz, O'Reilly Press, 1998) contains lots of explanation about using the 'command line' (actually call to packages) for managing Replication. In fact, they barely mention Enterprise Manager. OEM is nice for looking at replication errors, etc, but you really don't need it for most tasks.

Steve Parfitt