ORA-01000 exceeded max. number of open cursors

From: Heiner <am_heiner_at_bigmailbox.net>
Date: 13 Aug 2001 00:08:28 -0700

Hi there,

I'm using 8.1.7 from within java (JDBC archive date is June 30th, 2000). Pseudocode looks like this:

void whatever() {
  while(!many_calls) {
    myVar = makeCall();
  }
}

myType makeCall() {
  try {
    rset = ...
  } finally {
 if (null != rset) rset.close();
  }
}

As one can see, I do many JDBC calls and for any call it is guaranteed, that the cursor ist closed, since the close statement is inside the finally-block. However, I always get the ORA-01000 error while doing the many-calls. Is there a known bug, when doing many JDBC calls? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards
Heiner Received on Mon Aug 13 2001 - 09:08:28 CEST

Original text of this message