How to access Access via ODBC?

From: Some One Else <algernon_at_spamcop.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 05:33:53 GMT

I want to access MS-Access from MS-SQL via ODBC. I have Access and ODBC source set up and it tests out OK via the ODBC test application included with Oracle 8i (Personal Edition for 9x).

But when I try to connect vis SQL*Plus I get:

ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

The connect string I'm trying use looks like:

  admin/admin_at_odbc:source

The online white papers talk about an OCA (Oracle Client Adaptor), but there is no OCA directory -- just an ODBC directory that seems to have the same contents as would be in the OCA directory.

There's a lot of stuff about reading Oracle from Access, but I'm trying to do it the other way around.

Anyone got this to work? Suggestions?

Thanks!
-- SE Received on Sat Aug 11 2001 - 07:33:53 CEST

Original text of this message