Oracle 8.1.6 SQL Question

From: Barry Prentiss <thebear_at_antispam.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:17:05 -0700

I am trying to query an oracle database via PHP and am stumped on the following SQL query:
I am building a FAQ machine and have tables and fields as follows:

FAQ (table)
  ID
  QUESTION
  ANSWER CATEGORY (table)
  ID
  NAME FAQ_CAT (table)
  FAQ_ID
  CAT_ID I want to list all categories with ID, NAME and COUNT (where count is the number of occurances of each category in the FAQ_CAT table i.e. the number of FAQs in each category).  I have spent two days on the Oracle site trying every poorly documented gyration I could find, but haven't solved the problem yet...  What am I doing wrong?
 Thx in Advance,
 Barry Prentiss