Re: Newbie:Copying a complete DB?

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:59:34 +0200

> The problem is,
> how to get the whole database over to the other computer.
>
> Would be great, if someone can help me here. Would save me a 2 hours
> ride to work everyday :-)

Basically the simplest way is to do a full export of the production database using the exp utility, put the export file on a cdrom and import it on a database you created at home. Personally I would as my employer if it is ok to take the data home.

To be more specific we need to know database version, os server, os at home.

HTH Rob Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 11:59:34 CEST

Original text of this message