Newbie:Copying a complete DB?

From: jgippert <j_gippert_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2001 02:15:22 -0700

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a Hava based app which is connected to a Oracle8i databasesystem. Now, I´d like to work at home on my app as well. But at home, I don´t have a network connection to the Oracle server. The question now is, how to get the whole database somewhow on another computer, that finally has both server and client functionality. Is that possible? And if, how do I do that? I know, I have to install the server and client software on my computer and I probably can access it via the localhost parameter. The problem is, how to get the whole database over to the other computer.

Would be great, if someone can help me here. Would save me a 2 hours ride to work everyday :-)

Regards,
Joerg Received on Tue Jul 31 2001 - 11:15:22 CEST

Original text of this message