Oracle error 01400

From: Omar Malik <obNOSPAMmar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:54:22 -0400

Hello
I am stuck with a problem which doesn't seem to have a solution. I am trying to insert data into a table of jobs and trying to produce an indexed number for the new job. The column job_id has constraint (primary) and therefore it should produce an indexed (new and unique)job_id when I try to add a new job. But I keep getting the error 'can't insert null value into coloumn job_id'. I tried to change the constraint for the column to unique but all that does is creates a table entry with a null job_id. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks Received on Thu Jul 26 2001 - 17:54:22 CEST

Original text of this message