Re: Rollback and autocommit with Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:15:36 GMT

Oracle does not have an autocommit. A driver can impliment an autocommit (bad idea) by issueing a commit after every statement. I believe that if a statement raises an error just the statement is rolled back. You would have to issue a rollback (to roll everything back to the last commit) or a commit or do some other processing the commit or rollback. If your connection is lost then all uncommitted work is rolled back.

Jim