DBMS for W2K platform

From: Archie Dobrunk <dbarchie_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 13:18:50 -0700

I hope this does not start a flame war...

Our company has chosen to standardize all of our servers (including DB servers) on W2K. I have a fairly good understanding of the differences between the big 3 DBMS's (SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle). My main focus has been with one of these DBMS's on a Unix platform, so currently I have little experience with Windows. What I would like feedback on, specifically, is what do each of these DBMS's do to exploit the Windows environment, and where are they lacking in a Windows only environment. In other words, I don't care that one can run on W2K, Sun, and OS/390. Our databases could grow to approximately 500 GB. Thank you very much...

Arch Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 22:18:50 CEST

Original text of this message