Oracle continuous running procedure

From: mkwdrs <mkwdrs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2001 05:48:16 -0700

Here is what I need to do: There is an Oracle 8i database and a SQL Server 6.5 database and both run on Windows NT. In a nutshell, I need a continuous running procedure on the Oracle side that will query SQL Server tables at a given interval. I have been told that this interval will need to be done approximately every 10 seconds. When this query is done, if new records are found, then more Oracle procedures/functions are called. If Oracle dies, then this procedure needs to be available as soon as the database is available. If the connection to SQL Server is lost, a new connection needs to be made.

I'm looking for any suggestions concerning this matter. Is this the best/most efficient way to do it. Is there a way that SQL Server could notify Oracle when new records are present or could SQL Server push the data to Oracle. Received on Wed Jul 25 2001 - 14:48:16 CEST

Original text of this message