Re: 9iAS Installation Error, Linking NET8 Required

From: sesha <sgangupantulu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2001 18:20:52 -0700

please try as below:
this is as per instructions from oracle followed in our company. The solution to the problem is as follows: 1)create an empty "ldflags" at the time the installation wizard is reporting the error and is asking for ignoring or retry. 2)In another session do as follows
cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib
touch ldflags

3)Respond retry to the installation wizard
4)You Need to link manually.
5)To link the client utilities

cd $ORACLE_HOME/lib
touch ldflags
cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/lib
make -f ins_net_client.mk mkldflags
make -f ins_net_client.mk ntcontab.o
make -f ins_net_client.mk install

This will generate the "ldflags" file and allow you to relink correctly the client utilities.

6)To link the Oracle kernel
cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
make -f ins_rdbms.mk install

7) To link sqlplus