Dynamic SQL - proC - Method 4

From: Sylvain Benoist <sbenoist_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:01:09 GMT

Hello everybody,

We developed an application accessing an Oracle database with proC/C++ by using the Dynamic SQL method 4. Currently, our application is written in C and is using some proC statements.

When we want to get some data from the database by using this application, everything works fine except with the "string" fields. Indeed, if the type of one field is varchar(10) and this field contains 4 characters, the Dynamic SQL method 4 will return a string containing 10 characters with the 4 corresponding characters + 6 spaces.

We are thinking there should be a way in proC to take care about this problem.

Has any of you already been confronted to this problem? Thank you for your help.

Sylvain. Received on Tue Jul 24 2001 - 09:01:09 CEST

Original text of this message