Re: Personal Oracle

From: Joe <jdzurind6_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 22:47:08 -0500

There is something wrong and I'm not sure what. I have Win ME and Win 95 on 2 separate computers. When I try to install psoracle81698.zip I get a message about the product jar being invalid, on both computers no less. The only ORACLE product that will install on these computers is the NT version. I'm guessing that's why there is a problem.

Yes, I'm really trying to use it on each computer. Thought maybe there was a problem with ME but it won't install on 95 either.

Joe

"Unknown User" <unknown_at_unknown.com> wrote in message news:hcemlt0567e7b8aremsr8qd3g1kfe6d7bm_at_4ax.com...
> Joe,
>
> I am assuming that you have Personal Oracle8i on WinNT/2000 and you are
 trying
> to login from the same computer. In other words, there is only 1 computer
 involved.

> When you start SQL*Plus to login, what are you entering in the "Host
 String:" field.
> You should leave this field blank.
>
> If this is not the solution, then here is some technical information from
 OTN which may
> or may not help you.
>
> http://technet.oracle.com/doc/network.815/a67440/ch11.htm#440471
>
> Hope it helps.
>

> No good on any of those. All I get is
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination.
>
> Joe
>
> "Unknown User" <unknown_at_unknown.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > The following are well-known passwords in Oracle.
> >
> > DBA ACCOUNTS
> > --------------------------
> > sys/change_on_install
> > system/manager
> >
> > USER ACCOUNTS
> > ------------------------
> > scott/tiger
> >
> > STARTUP/SHUTDOWN ACCOUNT
> > -------------------------------------
> > internal/oracle
> >

> > On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:15:18 -0500, "Joe" <jdzurind6_at_bellsouth.net>
 wrote:

> > >Just went to the ORACLE site and downloaded 6irel2nt.exe (ORACLE for
 NT) and
> > >psoracle81698.zip (ORACLE for Win 98). The Win98 version will not
 install
> > >and says there is a problem with the product.jar file. The NT
 version
> > >works on my computer but when I open SQL Plus 8.0 it wants a password.
> > >tried SCOTT/TIGER and it won't work. What do I need to do to get
 ORACLE