HELP with enabling CKPT process using checkpoint_process parameter in the init.ora

From: Unknown User <unknown_at_unknown.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:26:51 -0700

Hi,

I have Personal Oralce8i 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Pro SP2. According to Oracle8i Documentation,

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a67772/manproc.htm#1854

Starting the Checkpoint Process

If the Checkpoint process (CKPT) is not enabled, the Log Writer process (LGWR) is responsible for updating the headers of all control files and data files to reflect the latest checkpoint. To reduce the time necessary to complete a checkpoint, especially when a database is comprised of many data files, enable the CKPT background process by setting the CHECKPOINT_PROCESS parameter in the database's parameter file to TRUE. (The default is FALSE.)

I added the following line in my init.ora file.

        checkpoint_process = true # enables CKPT process

The following error message was received.

SQL> shutdown transactional
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> startup open
LRM-00101: unknown parameter name 'checkpoint_process' ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters SQL> What am I missing or doing wrong? Thank you for your help. Received on Sun Jul 22 2001 - 18:26:51 CEST

Original text of this message