Solaris Oracle DBA Available 1099 w-2 temp perm

From: mkahak <mkahak_at_kahak.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:06:54 GMT

Resume of: Michel Kahak

 Cell: (301) 437-3385
3013 Calverton Blvd
 Tel:(301) 572-5245
Silver Spring, MD 20904

Michel_kahak_at_yahoo.com
www.kahak.com

EXPERIENCE SUMMARY: Ten years of experience in Database Administration, Web-Enabled Database Applications, Systems analysis and Design, modeling, BaanERP , SAP R/3, Peoplesoft implementation and maintenance, Sun Solaris Administration, Veritas Volume Manager Administration, Legato Networker administration. Specializes in the ORACLE relational database system and its associated tools, Sun Solaris, Legato Networker, VeritasVolume Manager and NetBackup Business Server software, EMC Storage Array and Softwares.

AREAS OF QUALIFICATION:

            Oracle Database Administrator
            Systems Analysis and Design
            Security  Administrator
            SAP R/3  implementation support
            Sun Solaris Administrator
            Oracle Web-Enabled Database Applications
            Oracle Applications 11i  implementation
            Veritas Volume Manager Administrator
            Legato Networker Administrator
            PeopleSoft implementation and maintenance
            Hardware  Administrator
            Network Administrator

EDUCATION
            1994 Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems,
University of  Quebec, Canada
            1996 Master of Sciences in Management Informations Systems,
University of Quebec, Canada
            Various training in Oracle Database, Oracle Applications11i,
JDeveloper , Oracle Designer and Oracle’s Tools  .
            Various training in Solaris, Legato Networker, Veritas Volume
Manager, EMC Storage Array and Softwares, BaanERP, SAP R/3, internet firewall, security, PeopleSoft implementations and maintenance

            .
SOFTWARES
Veritas Volume Manager, Samba, Legato Networker, , Oracle Developer, Oracle Designer, Oracle8i, Enterprise Manager, BMC patrol, Erwin, Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle Applications 11i, Oracle application server, Oracle forms and reports, MS PowerPoint, Excel. EMBARCADERO ( DBArtisan , DBArtisan Change Manager, DBArtisan Job Scheduler, ER/Studio, Rapid SQL), QUEST ( Spotlight on Oracle, Space Manager, Sqlab, Toad). BaanERP,

OPERATING SYSTEMS
NT, WINDOWS/2000, SOLARIS (2.7,2.8), HP-UX (9.04,10.10,10.20), AIX
(3.2.5,4.1.4), LINUX (6.2,7.1).
HARDWARE PLATFORM
IBM RISC6000 (R24, 59H), HP9000 (T250, K420, T500), SUN(E10000,3500,E6500) SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE: Impact innovations group, Columbia, MD (10/2000 to present) Project Department of Justice (10/00 to present) Working as the Oracle DBA/Sun Solaris Administrator for Department of justice using Oracle 8.1.7, JDeveloper 3.2.2, Design 6i, Oracle Application Server , Jukebox DLT tape drive, Solaris 2.8 on Sun (E10000,3500,E3000), Sun StorEdge A5200 Array, Veritas Volume Manager 3.4, Legato Networker 6.5 and NT Workstation running on a Solaris/Samba Server. I installed, configured and administered three Sun Solaris/Samba Server Install, monitoring, Tuning and trobleshooting Oracle 8i Implement Oracle Standby Databases and Oracle Internet Directory for high avaibility
I Install, setup, Configured and Administering Legato Networker 6.5 I Installed, Configured and Administering Veritas Volume Manager 3.0.4 I implemented and Automated Backup and Recovery Strategies Using RMAN, Oracle Business Module for Legato, Legato Networker 6.5, Sun StorEdge A5200 Array with Veritas Volume Manager 3.0.4 using RAID 0+1 and also Export-Import to support it.
I cloned the Databases, writing scripts to check the integrity of the Databases
Integrated Oracle8i materialized views and DBMS_MVIEW package to refresh materialized views
Implement DBMS_STATS package to improve statistics generation, partitioned object, backing up and recovery statistics  Create function-based indexes to improve performance on case sensitive search and linguistic sort
Implement DBMS_TTS package for Transportable Tablespace Set Create Local Tablespace to handle extent management Use STATSPACK ,Oracle Enterprise Manger,TOAD for monitoring and tuning my databases
Implemented Logical and Physical database design using Designer 6i on Oracle 8i Server
Setup and Administer Designer 6I and Oracle internet Application Server 9i

Technocom, Silver Spring, MD (09/1998 to10/2000) Project OAO (09/1999 to 10/2000) Working as Applications DBA for OAO project, I am responsible for installing and configuring Oracle 8i in a distributed environment that included Multi-threaded Server MTS, asynchronous replication to provide remote access and updates implementing a fail over system. My duties also included daily maintenance of five systems as well as providing support to a team of developers. I then migrate 8 to oracle 8i and created various databases.  I implemented an advanced database replication, parallel execution and Oracle Fail Safe.
 I design and develop advanced database programs using SQL and write, debug, and document programs using PL/SQL. Create large object (LOB). I implemented Oracle financial Applications . I implemented Oracle manufacturing applications. I implemented Oracle resources applications. Installed , setup, configured and administering the oracle application web server and designer repository database. I worked intensively on Server performance monitoring , tuning and troubleshooting the databases, instances and my Unix System. I created hot and cold backup Scripts. Duties also included systems analysis , design and capacity planning

Project KCI (09/1998 to 09/1999) As an Oracle App DBA/Sun Solaris Administrator My duties was to
Installed/Configured/Implemented all hardware/software components on Sun
(E10000, E3000).

Dynamically created, modified and deleted Domains through a single SSP management system.
 Monitor and report on extent allocations to tables and indexes to help me manage space effectively.
 Create batch files and events to automatic monitoring the databases and instances and notify me if problems will or occur. Also create CRON jobs
I create scripts helping me in reporting my databases from a variety of angles , interpret utlbstat/utlesat, analyse tables and indexes with compute estimate statistics, validate structure, list chained rows ,used Tkprof , explain plan, hints , view, autotrace and Sql Analyser to tune SQL statement. I Create users and roles grant them privileges. I used Embarcadero and BMC Patrol to monitor and tune some of the databases. Check the Alert log and trace file. Set up and configure the internet firewall, mail access, hosts.allow files
I installed and maintain PeopleSoft Applications. Upgrade Solaris 2.7 to 2.8
Implemented Backup Strategies By installing and configured EMC Storage Disks Array 0+1,
Veritas Netbackp Business Server software . I created a maintenance network. Also Standby databases.
Responsible to order softwares and hardwares.

Decision consultants Inc, Tallahassee, Fl (08/1996 to 08/1998) Project TT ( 08/1997 to 08/1998) Worked in the team as Oracle App DBA/ Developer
Develop Oracle-Web Application with JDeveloper. Upgrate SAP R/3 3.1 to 4.6
Furthermore, I developed and implemented systems solutions to improve data movement between transaction system, operational data store and data mart/warehouse. Utilize Oracle Designer CASE tools to do modeling, structured hierarchies, and graphical representations of business process engineering and systems engineering. Reverse engineered the database into Designer 2000.I created striped tablespace and tables, cluster table, partitioned tables, hash cluster table, index, bitmapped index, partitioned index, view, sequence. Add primary key and foreign key. I managed the security by creating users, roles; analyzed trace and log files to determine and resolve potential problem areas. I configured SQLNet and designed the logical and physical layout of databases. Duties also include systems analysis.

Project Ntangu Tech (08/1996 to 08/1997) As an Oracle DBA/Sun Solaris Administrator
In charge of complete client/server conversion of the financial system from concept to implementation; Supporting users accessing the database using client/server technology. The system was based on Sun E6500. The networkis primarily TCP/IP 100base T network with internet gateway. Provided Oracle services, focusing on designing and implementing multiple utilities that enable database administration automation. I created tools that permit automatic troubleshooting of database problems.
A few examples are:
Automating the process of reorganizing rollback segments in an instance to eliminate wraps and extents, a real time saver. Automatic monitoring of listener processes of all instances, automatically restarting dead instances and notifying the DBA Checking file system usage and notifying the DBA when disk usage is over a predetermined percentage.
I used recover manager(RMAN) for my backup strategies , Enterprise Manager Console and BMC patrol for my monitoring and tuning strategies. I created cron jobs to send me the report.txt of the utlbstat/utlestat, look for chained and migrated rows and coalesce tablespaces for some of the databases.
Implemented Oracle parallel server, Oracle Names server. Installing , Configured ,Administered Veritas Volume Manager, Legato Networker and Sun Storage Array A1000 and Samba Server. Documented my systems and my databases.
Install and Configured BaanERP Applications  I implemented Oracle distribution applications. Test Backup and recovery strategies

JB Consultants, Montreal, Canada (08/1994 to 08/96)  Project Ministry of Defense (09/95 to 08/96) Worked as an Oracle app DBA/ Developer.I supported 12 oracle production instances of different architectures including parallel Server, Multithreaded Server and hot standby databases running on multiple platforms such as IBM RS6000, HP9000, Sun and Windows NT.
I installed and configured many Oracle Servers and developed complex stored procedures and packages.
Installed , Configured and Maintained PeopleSoft Applications.

Project DH (08/94 to 08/95) As an Oracle DBA/ Unix Administrator As an Oracle App DBA with JB Consultants worked for the Health Department. I build and Configured the Sun Box and the Sun Storage Disks Array using Solaris, Veritas Volume Manger and implemented a Backup strategies using Legato.
Set up and configure the internet firewall, mail access, hosts.allow files.
Implemented the security of the system
I used programs such as mpstat, iostat, sar, vmstat, netstat to obtain statistical information on the CPU, get the I/O statistics, memory, paging, swapping and network statistical information of the Unix system for monitoring and tuning strategies.
After upgrading different systems, I set up snapshots for reporting purposes.
Generated Modules using the Designer 2000 tool set for creating Oracle Forms and used the Repository Object Navigator (RON) diagrammer tool sets available on Designer 2000.
I implemented SAP R/3 Applications.

PATB, INC . Montreal, Canada , (08/1992 to 08/ 1994) Worked as Oracle DBA/Developer
Worked on a project developing software for the Army Environmental Center
(AEC). The work is being done in a client/server environment utilizing
Oracle forms 4.5, SQL, Oracle 7.2 RDBMS and UNIX on a Sparc Station. Also responsible for database administration. Other duties include performing requirements analysis, software engineering, database engineering and systems analysis
Assigned to the Reference File Administration on the GCCS contract where he is developing software in support of military planning. The work is done in a client/server environment using UNIX, Sun Workstations, Oracle report 2.0, Oracle Forms 4.0, SQl, database triggers and stored procedure, and the performs technical for the project utilizing Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and UNIX.
Database administrator in a Windows/UNIX environment. Additionally responsible for software development using SQL and Oracle Developer. Set up Windows Ethernet network connecting eight Windows and one printer. Performs requirement analysis. Studied current ORACLE database and then redesigned it, as well as creating new databases. Ported Windows client/server architecture to Windows/Unix client/server architecture, utilizing TCP/IP. The UNIX operating system currently being used is SOLARIS. Trains users as well as wrote the necessary documentation. Performs ad hoc rewuests. Interacts with the customers to determine new and existing requirements. Schedule work to be completed to meet necessary deadlines and assigns the appropriate personnel.

TCHETA, INC, Montreal,Canada (08/1991 to 08/1992) worked as a Consultant

I used Oracle forms and reports for create and modify window-based database applications. I created scripts to extract library cache miss ratio, redo log buffer, extract data dictionary hit ratio, extract buffer hit ratio , dispatch usage, locks, physical I/O information, create chained rows table and analyse, check dynamic rollback segment growth, sort performance, check recursive calls,latch , free list, rollback segment contentions.
 Check invalid objects and recompile. Duties also included systems analysis.
I acquire strong data modeling, SQL and Unix shell programming skills. Develop, modify, debug, and maintain UNIX Shell programs I was responsible for the design, creation and management of multiple databases, performing tuning, backup and recovery on those. Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 23:06:54 CEST

Original text of this message