Re: Need your suggestion -- related to Oracle backup

From: <catherine_devlin_at_purpleturtle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:19:59 GMT

You could also use basic replication. Just create your local views as snapshots of the ones in the remote database. When you want to sync them, execute DBMS_SNAPSHOT.REFRESH_ALL.

I think that's easier than an export/import, but either one is pretty easy.

Good luck!
- Catherine
http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle