Re: Configuring Apache for Forms 6i

From: Gary J. Robinson <wiggler_at_concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:56:45 -0400

In article <wiggler-5644A3.20331618072001_at_news.hcs.net>,  "Gary J. Robinson" <wiggler_at_concentric.net> wrote:

> At the end, the installer told me that I had to configure the web
> listener with various virtual paths, and that there was an Internet
> shortcut to let me test a form. I tried the shortcut, it gave me a page
> with some fields to fill out, I filled them out and clicked, and it
> didn't work - couldn't find the form. So, I edited the Apache conf file
> to add the appropriate aliases, restarted the web listener process, and
> then tried the shortcut. This time, after I filled out the fields in
> the web browser screen, and clicked to see the form, it gave me a Save
> As dialog box to save a file called "ifcgi60.exe". What the heck is
> that? I was expecting a sample form to come up on the screen.

At this point it seems obvious that the problem is that Apache is not treating the directory that "ifcgi60.exe" is in as a cgi-enabled directory, even though I added the appropriate alias to the httpd.conf file and restarted the web server. I recall similar problems on Linux in the past where I could not get the program to be run by the server as a cgi program, instead it would be offered as a download to the browser. But the conf file looks right. Anyone ever run into this?

Gary Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 18:56:45 CEST

Original text of this message