Re: Issue using SVRMGRL in Oracle 8i

From: Rozi & George Goldberger <ghita_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:57:33 GMT

ORA-00205 -
Check that the proper control file name is referenced in the CONTROL_FILES initialization parameter in the initialization parameter file and try again.

When using mirrored control files, that is, more than one control file is referenced in the initialization parameter file, remove the control file name listed in the message from the initialization parameter file and restart the instance. If the message does not recur, remove the problem control file from the initialization parameter file and create another copy of the control file with a new file name in the initialization parameter file.
(From Oracle Documentation)

Look in to init<SID>.ora file and uncomment or include these lines to use the archiving feature or it has been enabled using ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG.
 log_archive_start = true
 log_archive_dest_1 = "location=D:\Oracle\oradata\<SID>\archive" # use the proper OS syntax
 log_archive_format = %%ORACLE_SID%%T%TS%S.ARC