Re: oracle newbie needs function advice

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:59:03 GMT

There is a max function in Oracle. Try doing the query for a test in sqlplus. It might be how your tool is altering the query for Oracle. If it works in sqlplus then there is something the tool is doing wrong. Jim
"Ann" <annterrell_at_home.com> wrote in message news:5e9eb3ff.0107120751.34ff813b_at_posting.google.com...
> I have some code which works on SQL server:
>
> <CFQUERY name="get_orderNo" datasource = "#Variables.DSN#">
> SELECT Max(orderNo) AS next
> FROM slides
> WHERE chapterID = #chapterNo#
> </CFQUERY>
>
> The orderNo variable gets set based on the result:
>
> <cfif get_orderNo.next IS "">
> <cfset next = 1>
> <cfelse>
> <cfset next = get_orderNo.next + 1>
> </cfif>
>
> This doesn't seem to work on a site running Oracle. Does the Max function
> work with Oracle? Or is there some other problem with the code? Case
sensitivity? Received on Fri Jul 13 2001 - 02:59:03 CEST

Original text of this message