Re: oracle managerment server cannot start

From: Priron <knetsys_at_yahoo.com.hk>
Date: 3 Jul 2001 18:01:55 -0700

postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl (Sybrand Bakker) wrote in message news:<a20d28ee.0106290213.7cbf43fb_at_posting.google.com>...

> Let me try to get this clear. To run OEM you need a repository. Oracle
> recommends creating a separate database for this purpose. In order to
> create a repository, you need to connect to the *database*, not to the
> management server.
> The architecture of this product is
>

> Management Server (runs on NT) -> OEM repository database -> databases
> to be managed.
>
> You can connect to the management server only, once you created a
> repository in the repository database, whichever database that is.
> Setting up a second database for this purpose is almost mandatory.
> In your case you probably have one single database on Solaris only.
> If you don't want to create a separate database you need to connect to
> the database on Solaris, not to the management server.
> All this hassle wouldn't have been necessary with a little reading.
> Apparently you still refuse to read any documentation.
> You refuse to post specific error messages, other than 'it failed to
> logon'
> With so much lack of cooperation on your side (if I would have had to
> do this as a consultant I would have earned about a day of money, and
> it would have been long resolved), this will be my last reply.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

I want to get the chance to say something about my attitude to post the question.
Every question I post here sincerely hope someone could help me to solve it. From the beginning to the end, I try to give all info I get when the problem is got. As I said in the first post, I am newbie in the oracle. Sometimes, I don't know how the express the question clearly. If my question is still lack of info, I can give everything you wish. What I want is to get help. I don't have any intention of lack of cooperation. Maybe, the way I ask the question is too stupid to cause you feel angry about my each question. In fact, I read through the document CD coming with oracle in unix platform, but I could not find enough info about the setup OEM in NT. As the expert in Oracle, I realize that my question may be stupid to you. But to me, it is my treasure in the step to learn oracle. I feel sorry that my post makes you angry, Sybrand Bakker. But I am
sure that I don't have any intention on it. I am sorry !!

Priron Received on Wed Jul 04 2001 - 03:01:55 CEST

Original text of this message