ADO error "accessor is not a parameter accessor"

From: Nigel Fowler <legin1969_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2001 12:40:54 -0700

Hi,

I'm using VB, ADO, MDAC 2.5sp2 to retrieve data from an Oracle 8.1.6 database. Whenever I use a divide sign '/' in a SQL statement, I get the error "accessor is not a parameter accessor", when I attempt to access the recordset value. For example:

sqlString = "select sum(gethits) as col1, sum(gets) as col2 from v$librarycache" rs.open sqlString, cn
while not rs.eof do

     MsgBox CSTR(rs("col1"))
     rs.movenext

loop

works just fine, but if my sql is instead: sqlString = "select sum(gethits)/sum(gets) as col1 from v$librarycache"

then the line

              MsgBox CSTR(rs("col1"))
bombs out. There seems to be NO doco that addresses this.

Help!!!

thanks,
Nigel Received on Tue Jul 03 2001 - 21:40:54 CEST

Original text of this message