Importing data from Access

From: Aidan <ahumphreys_at_ZAPprocoma.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:58:11 GMT

Beginner's question: if a client supplies me with database in MSAccess format, what is the best way to merge that data with an existign Oracle DB. I know that many records are duplicated in the Oracle db but I can easily reject those on the basis of key comparison.

My question is must I dump the Access and write a routine to import the data and then to merge it - or is there a direct way to address the access data via an Oracle/Access link and perform the merge accross the databases. I guess you cannot run an SQL query across two databases, is that right?

A Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 16:58:11 CEST

Original text of this message