Need your suggestion -- related to Oracle backup

From: Nagarajan <nagu_7_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 13:48:24 -0700

Hi all,

I have the following scenaria... I need the suggestions for this...

I have some views in the remote oracle server(8i). What I have to do is, I have to create a new database in my local machine which will be a replica of the views in that remote database.

The remote server is the live server. All the transaction will be in that remote server. For some other application we need all the datas from that live server to our local database.

And once I set up the local database, I need to get in sync with the remote server (I have to update my local database with the remote server's datas) may be once in two days or so...

Here is my question.

What will be the best way to handle this.

I thought of creating some triggers which will insert the newly entered records and the updated records into a new table. Then I can export those tables and import into my local database. Is this a good idea or not!

Need your suggestion on this... And also can you guys suggest me a better way to do this...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Nagarajan.A Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 22:48:24 CEST

Original text of this message