Re: Exception problem after about 20000 results

From: <dbianchi_at_square.nl>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 09:43:27 GMT

Jochen Schäfer <jsprivat_at_web.de> wrote:
> Here's a stack trace. Can anyone explain why this happens and what the
> remedy is? I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 and JDBC 2.0.

Without knowing what are you doing it's impossible

> After sometimes about 20000 results I get a NullPointerException,

Anyway, I'd suggest you to avoid to load/process so much data in your application. If you are doing some processing, move the process code inside the Oracle database in a Stored Procedure and use that (you have a server, then use it!), if you are building a display (grid of some sort), whell, more than 100 records are useless. No user in the world will like to see a 20000 or more rows and then scroll trought them to manually look for the data.

Davide Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 11:43:27 CEST

Original text of this message