Re: oracle managerment server cannot start

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 04:06:12 GMT

Not 100% sure, but you might want to try the SQL*Net 1 format to identify the Instance that you want to use as persistent store (remember that the instance must be up and running and accessible via SQL*Plus).

The SQL*Net 1 format is something like 'T:machine:instance' - where T means TCP/IP protocol, machine is replaced by the host name and instance is replaced by the database instance service/SID

HTH
/Hans