Re: Calling external application

From: <catherine_devlin_at_purpleturtle.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 15:36:33 GMT

I needed to have a PL/SQL procedure send mail from an NT machine. For me, the simplest way was to fill a table of requests in the database and use it as a queue. Then, I set Oracle Enterprise Manager to run a job periodically which would

  • query the queue to create a .bat file (SPOOLING from SQL*Plus)
  • execute the .bat file
  • purge the queue

Of course, this won't work for you if you don't want to wait until the next time the job fires.

Good luck!
- Catherine Devlin
http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle