Oracle COM Automation....

From: vishal <vishaljb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2001 09:07:48 -0700

I need to use Oracle COM automation feature... I can run the Word demo given along with it on my oracle server.... but I've created one ActiveX DLL and I'm tyring to instanciate that DLL from the Oracle PL/SQL Code but it is giving me the error saying

"COM-0004: The registered CLSID for the ProgID is invalid."

I've checked the registry and DLL.ClassName is present in the registry... Also on the same server box if I try to instanciate the same ActiveX Dll from one of the VB EXE it does instanciate it... which proves that DLL is registered succesfully...

Please let me know - what do i need to do.. Do I need some other supporting file becuase the DLL contains just a single function which is returing a normal string...

code :

   objName varchar2(100):='prjRegtest.regtest';    objHandle:=ORDCOM.CreateObject(objname, 0, servername,applicationToken);

   IF (objHandle!=0) THEN

       ORDCOM.GetLastError(error_src, error_description,
error_helpfile,       error_helpID);
	dbms_output.put_line(error_description); -- The error on top
   END IF;         ORDCOM.InitArg();

Thanks,
Vishal Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 18:07:48 CEST

Original text of this message