NULLs in OCI

From: Desmond <crudmucosa_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 10:00:20 -0700

Greetings!

   Using OCI, I am able to run a SELECT query and return results. I store the results of each column by using the OCIDefineByPos() function.

  Everything works fine except for when a column is nothing but NULLs (that is, if there is no data in any of returned rows for a given column). When I try to use OCIDefineByPos() on these columns, I get a core dump.

  My question: is there a smart/official oracle way to deal with nulls when defining output variables in OCI?

  My envrionment:
  server: oracle 8.1.7 running on a solaris 2.8 box.   client/my development box: sun ultra10 256 megs ram, 440mhz, gcc 2.9.5.3

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--Desmond Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:00:20 CEST

Original text of this message