Has anyone seen this behavior with Net8/PPTP/Windows 2000 Server

From: Adam Pearse <apearse_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:34:16 -0600

Hi all, I have a problem that I hope someone has experienced and come up with a fix for. We are running Oracle Standard 8.1.6.3 on Windows 2000 Server with SP2. We have remote users coming in through PPTP establishing a Net8 connection to the Windows 2000 box. Unfortunately, it seems that any data that exceeds 2K of traffic results in a hung session. If these same clients come into the office and connect via the LAN, there are no issues. When this box was NT4, these remote users were able to connect via PPTP and establish a net8 session. The only difference was we upgraded to Windows 2000. I have tried various client versions from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7 and it results to the same thing. For interest purposes, if these clients via the PPTP session transfers data from a NT share or prints, there are no problems, it is isolated to Net8 sessions only. Again to clarify:

client connects via net8 over pptp to a Windows 2000 server running 8.1.6.3 standard, any net8 session hangs over 2k of transfer

client connects via net8 over pptp to a Windows NT Server running 8.1.6.3 standard, all net8 sessions work as expected. Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:34:16 CEST

Original text of this message