Installing Oracle 9i Lite

From: Ron Fluegge <rmflugge_at_swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:23:57 -0500

When attempting to installing Oracle 9i Lite Release 5.0 for Windows I get the following Oracle Universal Installer error dialog:

"The Java RunTime Environment was not found at bin\jrew.exe. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit http://www.javasoft.com and install JRE version 1.1.7 or higher and try again."

After doing exactly what the dialog said as I understand it (i.e., installing JRE), I still get the same dialog.

Any suggestions?

Ron Fluegge
rmflugge_at_swbell.net Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 15:23:57 CEST

Original text of this message