SQL*LOADER to a Remote Instance

From: Powers Smith <pasmith_at_ppg.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2001 05:42:54 -0700

I need to be able to trigger a command script on machine A (where raw data is located) that uses SQL*LOADER to insert the data into an Instance on machine B.

Is this possible, and if so, what do I need to do. I keep getting Oracle error ORA-0431, which refers to not enough shared memory.

Is this referring to shared pool for an instance on the local machine?  If so, there won't be an instance on the local machine, so what is my best way to handle this?

Is this referring to some operating system parameter? This is on an DEC ALPHA running VMS. If it is referring to an operating system parameter, does anyone know which one?

Any assistance will be appreciated Received on Mon Jun 18 2001 - 14:42:54 CEST

Original text of this message