Help please - Object Relational

From: Holli <kaholli_at_web.de>
Date: 16 Jun 2001 00:14:01 -0700

Hi,

In a lecture we got the following code as an example how object relational stuff works with oracle and we're supposed to do an assignment according to this. unfortunately the code doesn't compile and I couldn't find what's wrong with it anywhere. Maybe anyone here can help me out finding what's missing there?

create type point_t as object(
x number,
y number);/

create type line_t as object(
end1 point_t,
end2 point_t);/

alter type line_t replace as object(
end1 point_t,
end2 point_t,
member function linelength (scale in number) return number,
pragma restrict_references (linelength, wnds));/

****Up to this point it works. now comes the stuff that won't compile****

create type body line_t as
  member function linelength(scale number) return number is
  begin
    return

      scale *
      sqrt((self.end1.x - self.end2.x)

* (self.end1.x - self.end2.x)
+ (self.end1.y - self.end2.y)
* (self.end1.y - self.end2.y));

  end;
end;

I really hope someone can help me out!

Thanks, Holli Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 09:14:01 CEST

Original text of this message