Re: Oracle/Linux Installation Problems

From: Ben <bjchen_at_netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 16:06:38 GMT

I'm having a similar problem, my installation fails to create the libclntsh.so shared library.
But if you said your installation went smoothly, then the libclntsh.so module should exist

(probably in $ORACLE_HOME/lib), the OS just can't find it. In any case, try setting
your environment variable, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, to $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

Have anyone installed oracle on RH7.1 system? It's using glibc 2.2. And according to
Oracle, glibc 2.1 is strongly recommended. I would hate to have to track down a
RH6.1 CD and trash my current server. Thanks.

"Robert Tilley" <tilleyrw_at_cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:QN2V6.448962$fs3.72288931_at_typhoon.tampabay.rr.com...
> I am using a Debian GNU/Linux box running the stable distribution.
>
> Installing Oracle is a smooth process with the only error reported being
> that /usr/local/java does not exist. The error can be ignored and
> continues until the installer reports that Oracle and all components are
> installed.
>
> However, when I try to begin a SQL Plus session the following occurs
> (Spacing for clarity):
>
> tillarium:/home/tilleyrw/OraHome1/bin# dir sql*
> sqlj sqlldr sqlldrO sqlplus sqlplusO
>
> tillarium:/home/tilleyrw/OraHome1/bin# echo $PATH

/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/o racle:/home/tilleyrw/OraHome1/bin