Pro*c Error "PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle" while compiling

From: Bhooshan S. Prabhu <bhooshan.prabhu_at_citicorp.com>
Date: 31 May 2001 00:54:59 -0700

Hello,

Recently, the Oracle Server has been upgraded to 8.1.6.2.0. Our Pro*C executables that were compiled with the earlier Oracle Server 8.1.5, couldn't work with this change and hence we are trying to re-compile these sources.

We encounter error PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle, while we try and compile. We are using setting of PROCFLAGS=sqlcheck=semantics userid=uid/pwd for compilation. We need sqlcheck=semantics because some Pro*C sources have embedded pl/sql blocks. The uid and pwd are correct because, we can connect to the database over sql*plus, using these.

Any help would be appreciated.

Environment details as follows:
OS : HP-UX 11.0
Oracle Server : 8.1.6.2.0
Pro*c : 8.1.5.0.0
Both the client programs, Oracle server and Oracle database all reside on a single HP-UX 11.0 box.

Thanks and Regards
Bhooshan Received on Thu May 31 2001 - 09:54:59 CEST

Original text of this message