Re: Listener doesn't get started at startup time

From: rob <rob_at_dsdelft.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:55:51 +0200

> File: /etc/init.d/lsnrstart
> ===========================
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/database/LiveExchange/server/bin/oci815_8
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This should normaly contain $ORACLE_HOME/lib

ORACLE_HOME=/database/installation; export ORACLE_HOME LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/database/LiveExchange/server/bin/oci815_8:$ORACLE_HOME/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

> ORACLE_HOME=/database/installation; export ORACLE_HOME
Is this really you oracle_home, normally the version number of your oracle software is part of the oracle_home. Like this : /disk1/app/oracle/product/8.1.6
You might want to read about OFA (oracle flexible architecture) after you solved this problem.

> ORACLE_SID=LeasingX;export ORACLE_SID
> PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin; export PATH
> ORACLE_OWNER=1001;export ORACLE_OWNER
> su - database -c "/database/installation/bin/lsnrctl start"
Did you execute these statements manualy? What error do you get? I think you should do a "su database" instead of "su - database" otherwise you settings will be overwritten by another shell.

> my database user id is "database" and it belongs to "dba" group. root
> also belongs to dba group. Permissions to above said files are as
> follows:
Don't put user root in dba group. It has got nothing to do there. You shouldn't use user root to do anything with your database.

> chmod 777 /etc/init.d/dbstart
> chmod 777 /etc/init.d/lsnrstart
You make you start and stop scripts writable by all while they are executed by root? Correct this first thing in the morning!!!

> chgrp dba /etc/init.d/dbstart
> chgrp dba /etc/init.d/lsnrstart

> and Links are

> link /etc/init.d/dbstart S97ORACLE
> link /etc/init.d/lsnrstart S98Listnr
In which directory are these links?

I think your main problem is with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting. Correct this and execute the statements manualy and see what happens.

HTH
Rob. Received on Mon May 28 2001 - 18:55:51 CEST

Original text of this message