Re: SQL Query Question

From: JRStern <JRStern_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:54:46 GMT

On Fri, 11 May 2001 11:24:09 GMT, "Charcoal" <who_at_cares.com> wrote:
>Assume I have a table which is just a list of numbers (only 1 column). I
>want to perform a query which shows every number under 100 which is NOT in
>the table. How do I do this?

An interesting question, ... offhand, I would not think this is possible without creating a full enumeration in another table, as others have said.

After all, what if you were trying to create a list of all the New York Yankees players not in list A? Would you expect the database to be able to magically enumerate all of the domain and return you the difference? Well, it's no smarter about positive integers.

Joshua Stern
JRStern_at_gte.net Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 16:54:46 CEST

Original text of this message