Re: Trying to decide whether to support DB2 or Oracle

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 00:35:30 -0400

Hi David,

For general descriptions on the internal workings of DB2, best browse the large conferences of the past 10 years for papers on DB2, Starburst (the compiler/optimizer) and Datajoiner.
The DB2 team was very open w.r.t discussing the internals in the scientific community.

Another way to search is to look for papers published by: Hamid Pirahesh, Bruce Lindsay, Don Chamberlin, Laura Haas, C Mohan, Guy Lohman, Nelson Mattos....

A lot of the algorithms can be found in the IBM patent server.

I have papers on OO related details which I can gladly send you if you wish.

Cheers
Serge Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 06:35:30 CEST

Original text of this message